Many has been talked about the advantages of progressive lenses compared with other kind of glasses. However, there is no perfect eyeglasses covering all the needs of wearers.Progressive lenses peripheral vision,as one of the disadvantages of these lenses, has been noticed and talked by people.
For wearers who use computers regularly and for prolongued periods of time, many optical practitioners recommend a progressive lens tailored specifically to the intermediate and near prescription for computer and reading use.
Fitting: Progressive lenses require careful placement relative to the wearers pupil centre for a distance’-viewing reference position. Incorrect specification of the fitting location can cause problems for the wearer including narrow fields of view, clear vision in one eye only, on-axis blur, and the need to adopt uncomfortable head positions.
Progressive lenses peripheral vision loss: Because of the narrow vertical range of undistorted vision, there is an inherent loss of progressive lenses peripheral vision, as with all prescription spectacle lenses. This loss of peripheral vision and the resulting side vision distortion may result in the wearer not being able to see more than 25% of a computer display without having to move the wearer’s head from side to side to clearly see and comprehend the monitor’s content.
Though the progressive lenses are popular in the market, it is necessary to know about both their advantages and disadvantages. If you can not tolerate the Progressive lenses peripheral vision, this knowledge will useful to avoid unnecessary troubles.
- How to read with progressive glasses?
- What is the difference between single vision and progressive glasses?
- What are side effects of using progressive lens glasses?
- How long does it take to get used to progressive eyeglasses?
- What are best lenses materials for progressive glasses?
- Why progressive lens glasses are so expensive?
- What are advantages and disadvantages of progressive glasses?
- What are different types of progressive lens glasses?
- How to wear progressive lens glasses more comfortably?
- How does No Line Bifocal glasses Work?