The primary purpose of sunglasses is to protect the wearer form the sun’s glare, and this is provided for by polarized sunglasses. Unlike regular sunglasses, polarized sunglasses also protect the wearer from the sun’s glare that reflects from other surfaces including water and skylight, or diffuse sky radiation.
Polarized sunglasses were made through experiments using a Polaroid filter, from which it earned its namesake. Polarized sunglasses are useful for fishermen who need to see more clearly through the water, and to protect them from certain hazards. Polarized sunglasses are also used by people engaged in sports and even driving. But are there any differences between polarized sunglasses and ordinary ones?
Ordinary sunglasses work with the function of cut some amount of the lights. Because the ordinary lenses can’t filter lights, they just reduce the intensity of glare and ultra violet radiation, and can not completely block these harmful rays, so its function is to reduce eye injury. So the function of ordinary sunglasses is to reduce the injury to the eyes. But the most advantage of ordinary sunglasses is to show the fashion trend.
However, the polarized lenses, due to its polarizing nature, can block the glare from the factors of scattering, inflection, reflection. What’s more, they can totally block the harmful the ultra violet radiation, which avoids the eyes easily tired in long-term activities in bright light. They really protect eyes and objects can be seen more clearly.
The difference of ordinary sunglasses and polarized ones are mainly like above mentioned. So for the sake of our eyes, we’d better choose polarized sunglasses, especially for those outdoor activities.
- Do polarized sunglasses cause headaches?
- What is the best way to clean polarized sunglasses?
- Can I get polarized fishing sunglasses walmart?
- What is the best brand of polarized sunglasses?
- Can polarized sunglasses make you dizzy?
- Can i wear polarized sunglasses to a 3d movie?
- When were polarized sunglasses invented?
- Do polarized sunglasses really make a difference?
- Can polarized sunglasses protect your eyes from the light from welding?
- What exactly do polarized sunglasses mean?